Chase The Ace
Check our Facebook page for regular updates.
See our rules for Chase the Ace below and get directions to Pilot’s Pub.
Check our Facebook page for regular updates.
We started the third game in September 2015 and it ran only six weeks. Mike Phillips drew the Ace of Spades on October 9, 2015. He was the lucky winner of $1514.00 (the Jackpot plus 50% of sales that night). Congratulations Mike.
Chase the Ace is held at:
Chase the Ace Contest Rules
Lottery License No. AGD-104611-16 (new – game #5 starting on September 1, 2016)
Note: The winning ticket holder must be present to win.
Chase the Ace Style Lottery
Bide Awhile Animal Shelter Society
- Location, Day, Time of ticket sales and Draw
Draw will take place at: Pilots Pub.
Draw Day: THURSDAYS
Draw Time: 8:15 P.M.
Tickets will be sold between 6:30 AND 8:00 P.M.
- Cost of Tickets
- Tickets cost: $5.00 EACH, 3 for $10.00 and 7 for $20.00
- It is the ticket purchasers’ responsibility to check their tickets at the point of purchase. Any and all ticket discrepancies, errors or concerns must be brought forward prior to end time of sales.
- Prize Info
50% of the day’s sales will go to the Bide Awhile Animal Shelter Society
20% will be awarded to the winning ticket holder.
30% will be added to the jackpot.
CARDS MUST NOT BE CUT. Cards are to be shuffled, spread out on the table and mixed sufficiently. When it’s time for card selection by the ticket winner, the winner puts ONE finger on the selected card. The coordinator from the organization will then remove all surrounding cards while the ticket winner holds their finger on the card. Once all surrounding cards have been removed, the selected card will be turned over by the coordinator.
If the Ace of Spades is selected, the winner receives the jackpot. Otherwise, the jackpot amount carries forward to the next draw and the details of the selected card are logged and the card destroyed. Eliminated cards are kept separate and a list of all cards removed and the cards themselves are available for anyone who wished to view them.
The cards will be displayed in such a manner as to reveal that the Ace of Spades is in the deck (**This must be done before and after the ticket winner selects a card)
The person drawing the ticket, involved in the setup of the cards, selection of any cards or any other approved item for that current draw must not hold a ticket for that draw; this includes the licensee. (Licensee refers to the signatures on the Ticket Lottery Application)
The deck will be secured in a locked safe at Two Rivers Development Association.
- The winning number will be announced both verbally and displayed visually.
- The winning ticket number will be called a minimum of 3 times during a 15 minute time frame. If no one comes forward in the 15 min period the ticket will become void and a replacement drawn.
- In the event of Storms/cancelations. The event will continue as usual on the following Thursday.
- For promotional purposes, any Chase the ACE prize winner will automatically be deemed to grant the hosting groups, a right to publish, through all types of media broadcasting, including internet, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights. Any winner who is paid a prize also gives the above noted organizers the right to publish any additional information that they voluntarily provide.
- If tickets are purchased by a third party, all prize money will be awarded to the ticket holder.
- For safety reasons, it is recommended that the maximum amount of cash given to a draw winner, on site, be limited to $1000.00. A winner of more that that sum will be provided with proof of having won ( a signed chit including name and address) and be given the winnings at the shelter, the following day in the form of a cheque. The will be required to show government ID, the shelter’s signed chit demonstrating proof of winning the draw and the winning ticket.
- Prize pot grows larger every week!
- Contest continues with the same deck of cards until the Ace of Spades is drawn.
- Once the Ace is drawn – new contest begins.
No limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased for a draw.
Players must be minimum age of 19 yrs.
Members of Bide Awhile’s Board of Directors and Shelter staff are not permitted to purchase Chase the Ace tickets.
Volunteers who are assisting with the draw that evening are not permitted to purchase tickets for that draw.
Depending on the value of the prize pot, the winner may be required to come to Bide Awhile with ID to claim winnings in the form of a cheque.
Bookmark this page! We will announce the weekly winners here.