Before you commit to an animal, you’ll need to make sure that adoption is right for you. Before you bring your new friend home, you’ll need to:
- Visit our current animals page to see available adoptables
- Give us a call during open hours to speak with an Animal Care Attendant and complete a brief interview
- Book an appointment to visit the shelter
- Pay the adoption fee ($200 for cats and $220 for dogs – cash, cheque, debit or credit.
- Fill out your new friend’s paperwork, wait for 24 hours while we check references and then, once approved, take your new furry friend home.
Committed to Care
Like any important relationship, adopting an animal takes commitment. We feel strongly that “pets are for life”, so we work hard to make sure that each of our animals are sent to a long-term home where they’ll be able to thrive. In fact, if we can’t find a loving environment for our animals right away, we keep them until we do.
Whether you adopt from a shelter, a neighbour, or the classifieds, animals are never free. They come with a variety of costs, from food to healthcare. Although we expect our adoptive families to take excellent care of our animals, we make sure that they’re in the best possible shape before sending them to their new home. Before adoption, we provide:
- health checks and any appropriate treatment or medication
- up-to-date vaccinations
- any necessary grooming
- spaying or neutering
- feline leukemia testing
Connect with us during these hours:
Monday: 10:00 – 5:00
Tuesday: 10:00 – 5:00
Wednesday: 10:00 – 5:00
Thursday: 10:00 – 5:00
Friday: 10:00 – 5:00
Saturday: 10:00 – 2:00
Sunday: 10:00 – 2:00