Bide Awhile Animal Shelter Society is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator and Project Assistant
Position Summary: Bide Awhile Animal Shelter Society is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator and Project Assistant, who will be responsible for leading all of the Shelter’s marketing/communications activity in-person and online, lending a hand to the Board of Directors/committee with special projects as needed, with other duties as assigned. We are looking for someone who is passionate about animal welfare, thinks on their feet, can juggle multiple projects at a time and is a keen multimedia storyteller.
POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator and Project Assistant
LOCATION: Bide Awhile Animal Shelter Society, 67 Neptune Crescent, Dartmouth
DURATION: Full Time, 35 hours per week with some evenings and weekends as required.
Specific Duties Include (and are not limited to):
- Website management (including uploading images of adoptable animals, calendar, event registration pages, news updates and more)
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) using software such as Hootesuite
- Creating and distributing graphic communications/print materials such as the annual calendar, newsletter, pamphlets, social media images and more
- Leading our participation in key fundraisers such as the Annual Calendar, Pet Photo contest, Blue Nose Marathon, Giving Tuesday, Grafton Street Dinner Theatre and other third-party events/partnerships
- Working closely with board members and volunteers to create projects, events or opportunities to boost brand awareness and fundraising
- Coordinating and engaging volunteers
- Email marketing for different projects and programs
- Donor relations
- Taking meeting minutes at the monthly board meeting
- Event planning and management
- Digital photography and videography
- Copywriting for various mediums such as media releases, blogs, newsletters, emails and more
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related discipline.
- Non-profit experience is considered an asset
- A minimum of one to two years of professional experience is required.
- Confident, clear written and verbal communications skills with the ability to transmit key messages following brand’s tone and style, bearing in mind the intended audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective working relationships with diverse personalities including staff, board members, industry colleagues and volunteers in a team environment
- Proven skills in graphic design and website management (Wordpress).
- Organized and creative self-starter experienced in managing multiple projects including event planning, social media management, media relations and more.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Candidate must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office
- Professional experience managing multiple social media channels using Hootesuite or other software
- Experience in photography and videography – and editing - is a definite asset.
How to Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and samples of your work before Sunday, February 3, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.