We’re Hiring: Kennel Attendant/Animal Care Attendant
Bide Awhile is looking for a Kennel Attendant/Animal Care Attendant.
As one of the key members of the team you will participate in the day-to-day care of animals in the shelter.
In this role you will be hands on with all animals in the shelter from intake to adoption. You will provide insight into the animals and their personalities from intake to departure. Listening, communicating and good writing skills are important.
This position requires flexible schedule as evenings, weekends and holidays are required. You must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs. You must be comfortable working alone, outside in all conditions, and able to handle frequent interruptions and some meetings. A driver’s license is required and access to a reliable vehicle would be considered an asset.
You will be responsible for:
- Feeding (water, food, medications)
- Basic Grooming (bathing, brushing, cleaning)
- Observing and looking for signs of illness, injuries, and general distress.
- Cleaning cages, equipment, and work areas to the highest standards to ensure health and safety regulations and protocols are followed.
- Maintaining accurate records of health, medications, treatments, procedures, behaviors, and inventory management
- In addition to these duties others may be assigned.
You must be able to work effectively with others including co-workers, volunteers and the general public.
Submit your application to [email protected]