Job Opportunity – Communications Coordinator
Position Summary: Bide Awhile Animal Shelter Society is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator, who will be responsible for leading all of the Shelter’s marketing/communications activity in-person and online, lending a hand to the Board of Directors with special projects as needed and other duties as assigned. We are looking for someone who is passionate about animal welfare, thinks on their feet, can juggle multiple projects at a time and is a keen multimedia storyteller.
This is a full-time, 35 hours per week position with some evenings and weekends, as required
Specific Duties Include (and are not limited to):
- Website management (including uploading images of adoptable animals, event registration pages, news updates and more)
- Social media management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) using software such as Hootsuite
- Creating and distributing graphic communications/print materials such as the annual calendar, newsletter, pamphlets, social media images and more
- Leading our participation in key fundraisers such as the Annual Calendar, Pet Photo contest, Blue Nose Marathon, Giving Tuesday, Grafton Street Dinner Theatre and other third-party events/partnerships
- Working closely with board members and volunteers to create projects, events or opportunities to boost brand awareness and fundraising
- Coordinating and engaging volunteers
- Email marketing for different projects and programs
- Donor relations
- Event planning and management
- Digital photography and videography
- Copywriting for various mediums such as media releases, blogs, newsletters, emails and more
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of one to two years of professional experience in the marketing and communications field is required.
- Confident, clear written and verbal communications skills with the ability to transmit key messages following brand’s tone and style, bearing in mind the intended audience.
- Professional experience in social media management with the ability to manage multiple social media platforms using Hootsuite.
- Candidate must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, creating the annual calendar, bi-annual newsletters and social media graphics using these programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with diverse personalities including staff, board members, industry colleagues and volunteers in a team environment.
- Knowledgeable in website management (WordPress).
- Organized and creative self-starter experienced in managing multiple projects including event planning, social media management, media relations and more.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change.
- Experience in photography and videography – and editing – is a definite asset.
- Non-profit experience is considered an asset.
How to Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and samples of your work to email@example.com by Monday, May 3, 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32,000.00-$38,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
We require anyone visiting the shelter to wear a mask and sanitize their hands when entering the building. Animal adoptions are by appointment with only one potential adopter in the shelter at any time.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place