Employment Opportunity – Office Manager
Bide Awhile Animal Shelter is a not-for-profit, no kill shelter based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with over 50 years of stellar reputation. We are hiring an Office Manager/Bookkeeper to become part of our amazing team. Immediate opening for a full-time position. Qualified candidates must have strong financial skills as well as database experience.
This position offers the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks in an office where team members are required to wear many hats. Preference will be given to applicants who have a minimum of 5 years experience in the not-for-profit sector, who are focused on positive donor relations, have assisted with fundraising initiatives, and who appreciate the contributions of volunteers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficiency in Sage 50 Pro Accounting & Payworks software
- Ability to handle all tasks associated with full-cycle accounting and payroll including: HST, WCB and payroll remittance preparation
- Knowledge of CRA’s regulations for Charities and Giving, particularly with respect to the issuance of donation receipts, tax and payroll
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office is mandatory (excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Expert understanding of computers, software, and web-based applications.
- Familiarity with database management, ideally using Microsoft Office Access. CRM and Keela
- Accomplished at operating and maintaining various sorts of office equipment
- Possess superior written and oral communication skills in a clear and professional manner
- Superior planning, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and multi-tasking
- Outstanding interpersonal skills & team player attributes
- Experience working with volunteer boards including: Preparation of monthly financial summary reports for the treasurer and finance committee.
How to Apply:
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com and should be addressed to the Executive Director. Interviews will be conducted as suitable candidates apply. Application deadline is April 4th, 2022.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 50029, RPO Southdale, Dartmouth, NS, B2Y 4S2
Bide Awhile Animal Shelter Society sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest but will only be able to communicate with those selected for an interview.
This is a Full-time, Permanent Position.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (preferred)
- receptionist: 3 years (preferred)
- board of director communication: 3 years (preferred)